Save the Date: Biomass Workshop Series 2020-21 – REDII Implementation and Beyond
Please save the dates for a series of joint workshops by SBP, IEA Bioenergy and ETIP Bioenergy devoted to exploring REDII implementation and delivering good woody biomass.
About the Workshop Series
The impending implementation of REDII by Member States and the recently launched review of REDII raises the profile of woody of biomass in achieving climate goals and how sustainability of biomass should be defined and applied in practice.
In parallel to the policy discussion and its evolution, biomass producers and forest owners strive to deliver legal and sustainable biomass (‘good biomass’) to EU Member States.
This series of online workshops will reach key stakeholders and contribute to the dialogue on how sustainable biomass is defined, what REDII implementation looks like in practice and how to ensure good biomass is supplied and used in a way that contributes to climate goals.
Participation in the workshops is free of charge.
The Workshop Series will bring together stakeholders with a range of interests and backgrounds to collectively share solutions on defining, delivering and using good biomass as part of the renewable energy mix. The event will showcase unique perspectives from scientists, environmental and social practitioners, EU policy makers and Member State regulators, energy generators, biomass producers, and both large and small forest owners to discuss implementation of REDII and beyond.
The events will be facilitated by Dirk Hulverscheidt using workshop platform tools, such as Howspace, to enable interaction between presenters and participants.
- Online workshop 1: Ongoing developments in EU Member States and the role of REDII, 5 October 2020, 15.00-18.00 CET;
- Online workshop 2: Biomass supply from in- and outside the EU, 19 October 2020 15.00-18.00 CET;
- Online workshop 3: How to ensure that using biomass maintains and protects biodiversity, 9 November 2020, 15.00-18.00 CET;
- Online workshop 4: Carbon, forests and climate impacts of woody biomass, 30 November 2020, 15.00-18.00 CET;
- Online workshop 5: Social impacts of woody biomass, 20 January 2021, 15.00-18.00 CET.
Registration details will follow soon.